- enhances instructional programs
- increases writing and communication skills
- allows kids to practice decision making
- exposes students to various professions related to broadcast journalism
- helps students to better understand ethical cultural and societal issues
- Provides experience with operating technology tools
- Increases productivity
- improves research skills
- improves problem-solving and decision making.
- meets NETs Standards on all levels.
Some things it was suggested we consider over the course of this next year, as we build our broadcasting program are: lights ?
- a modulator for close circuit? What about Ustreaming and parking it on the web?
- rolling tripods?
- shower curtain props!!
- video and audio mixers?
Eventually if this takes off as I hope it will the next question I hope we will be asking is: Will our recording room suffice as we move along or could a larger room be made available?