Add This

Bookmark and Share

Tuesday 28 June 2011

ISTE Inspiration and Possibilities so Far- List 1

What I love about ISTE
I love interacting and sharing ideas with people at sessions and the playgrounds!!!! I could do that all day long!

I love the inspiration I receive, the renewing of faith in what we are all trying to do and that little push that takes me into my zpd once again.

I am fascinated by the sheer enormity of such and event. The number of choices in sessions that are available to participate in and attend.

Two days into the conference and what have I taken away? I have a long list of  todos at this point which I am sure to add to....


My List of Todos so Far
I Must:
-Use screen-o-matic.com instead of jing for student produced tutorials on small snapshot skills and make it a regular activity in and out of class. No account is needed, it is immediate and why not have their watermark on our vids...they provided the service and for free!

-Create student friendly rubrics for all units of study and instead of hitting them with the whole rubric, give them access to the whole thing and then take it in small steps, one row or so at a time depending on the week's learning objectives.

-Try a "get to know you" activity where kids share who they are with a mashup of video and photos. Note to self: think very carefully about the parking for this.

-Share Google Patents and Google Product searches with the Business and Economics teachers.

-Figure out how to make flubaroo work with Google forms and spreadsheets.

-Collect as much as possible on iPads in schools, App collections and follow the blogs of teachers implementing them. We should really be going down this road next school year once some of the bugs are fixed with Google Docs and I mean in both Primary and Secondary.

-Discuss using Amazon reviews with Languages to encourage student book review writing.

Things that Really Caught My Eye and have Added to Diigo( need further investigation)


From the Iste Google session by Howie DiBlasi
There was a lot more than this in the session, but those applications I was more familiar with. These are the ones that stood out for me:

Google transliteration:
Use google's transliteration instead of google translate,

set language preferences under Advanced Search

Wordlens of ripped and iphone, point at sign and it will translate it to your language. 

Google App Creator
http://appinventor.googlelabs.com/about/
Shapeways 
sell 3d models in sketchup online(bookmark this one)
factbites.com  encyclopedias and information
quintura generates a word cloud of results based on search criteria.
Clusty groups or clusters information that is related.
duck duck go
Flying through the crusades-google earth  wiki lessons.
http://kthorne.pbworks.com/w/page/6848602/Flying-Through-the-Crusades
5o things to do with google maps mashup
http://googlemapsmania.blogspot.com/2006/12/50-things-to-do-with-google-maps.html

google patents
google products product comparisons
http://www.google.com/prdhp

ocarina App
play flute with ipod and iphone

No comments:

Post a Comment